A Good Life
>> Monday, June 8, 2009
Switzerland couldn't have been a better place to come to after the upbeat tempo of NYC and the nerves and anxieties that had accumulated before Kevin's and my departure.
I have only been here a couple of days, but already Switzerland has made an impression on me. I would describe it as pure and grand. The undisturbed nature, the homes built and incorporated into their surroundings, not destroying them, hillsides of wild flowers, crisp clear water running from drinking fountains at every other corner, the fresh air, and the clock bell sounding on the hour.
This pure innocence is contrasted with the grandness of the Alps. You can not avoid them, nor would you want to. They are absolutely stunning at all hours of the day. Climbing them only helps you to understand their massiveness.
The architecture of the homes tells a story and has a history. Food comes from local farmers with butchers and bakers proudly providing their products. It just feels right. Although Ive only seen a small fraction of Switzerland It seems to me that people live a good life here.
11 comments:
I just read your comments...I'm going to have to experience it on my own...it sounds like heaven...clean water, fresh food,nature galore....
love the pictures!
Jackie those pictures are amazing, it looks like you guys are having so much fun! I've always wanted to visit Switzerland, it just looks like paradise. Miss you both a ton!! keep up the fantastic updates
see our comments under prior blog entry....love Daddio and Anna
WOW!!!!! Those pics are great!!!! 4 more days until thailand?!?! crazy! I wish I was going back!!!!!!!!
Jackie, the way you describe this experience, makes me want to pack my bags and say see you in a week buddy! I hope you and Kevin are well in your travels.
Breathtaking. Bet you are loving that camera Kevin
I am waiting for the next set of photos.....and blog update.......I think you guys are goofing off and having too much fun!!!! lol
So cool!! Those pictures don't even seem real.
For some reason I can't comment on your individual pictures, so I will share my thoughts here:
cow with a bell-- neatooo!!
even though you're roughin it-- your eyebrows still look better than mind
food- looks sooo yummy. i want the bread and the cheese. thank you!
haha. Em you def made me laugh. Im not quite roughing it yet. Tomorrow Kevin and I head to Thailand, Asia will be a different adventure!
Also, you should be able to comment on the pictures...ill look inot it for you.
yes Dad id have to agree, perhaps we are goofing off...haha. But we are going to try and update tonight. We havent had internet for a few days now.
Post a Comment